28 Apr The Spring Stride Competition
We are excited to announce that Alexandra Primary School will be taking part in the first ever ‘The Spring Stride’ competition! The event will run from 4th May – 28th May and is aiming to engage children and families with regular physical activity.
During lockdown, opportunities for exercise were drastically reduced for all. In response to this Haringey has invited local primary schools to take part in this initiative.
As part of the event, we will be raising the profile of physical activity around the school by:
- Being visited by coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Football Club who will provide half a day’s football based exercise sessions.
- Providing additional exercise opportunities during lessons.
- Promoting a series of interactive health awareness workshops.
- Asking children to consider and record the physical activity they have taken part in and the physical and mental health benefits these may provide.
- Asking families to encourage physical activity outside of school.
There are prizes available for the most engaged schools’ but more than anything we hope everyone is able to have fun and get active!