06 Feb Safer Internet Day
On Tuesday 11th February we will be joining schools and youth settings across the UK in celebrating Safer Internet Day 2020. Safer Internet Day is a global campaign to promote the safe and responsible use of technology, which calls on young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Using the internet safely and positively is a key message that we promote at Alexandra, and celebrating Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity for us to re-emphasise the online safety messages we deliver throughout the year. Some of the activities we’ll be participating in on the day include:
2.30 – 3.00 – Miss Pitre will be delivering an information session in the main hall to parents about how to keep your children safe online.
We’d be delighted if you could join us in celebrating the day by continuing the conversation at home.
Some other resources which you may find helpful in supporting your child online are:
- Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
- Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the UK Safer Internet Centre
- Guides on popular apps and games from NetAware
- Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from Common Sense Media
- Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from Internet Matters
- Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse from CEOP
Online safety is an important issue which as a school, we’re committed to teaching our students about.
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping your child safe online, please do get in touch with your child’s class teacher.